Friday, August 7, 2009

Small Town Police Blotter, Part 2

Okay, so when I posted the previous entry, I was reminded of one I saw the other day that struck me as being almost as absurd.

From July 24, 2009 Yankton Press & Dakotan:
• Two females and a male reported Friday morning that someone put peanut butter under the door handles on their vehicles while they were parked in the 2900 block of Douglas Ave. Several area residents were spoken with about the incident and were told to get along with each other.

I've heard the term "nanny state" loosely thrown around in political debates, but this incident seems to be a perfect, albeit very literal definition of the term.

I am beginning to wonder if there is a "special investigations" officer on the Yankton Police force, who specializes in stern lectures and finger-waggings for "hoodlums, scallywags and rascals". Instead of a gun, he carries a ruler, and slaps people on the wrist with it if they get too far out of line.

1 comment:

  1. What kind of extreme-passive-aggressive (not to mention lame) people put peanut butter on their "victim's" things.

    Wife: "I hate our neighbors! They always keep the music on loud late at night."

    Husband: "I know just the solution..."

    ReplyDelete